Sunday, October 10, 2021

Unsupportive partner

F34/5'6/SW203/CW161/GW145ish

I'm February of 2020 my mom passed away (after suffering from cancer for a couple months) and I took comfort in food. I put on about 53 pounds all together. During the time I was gaining weight my partner would make little comments about me putting on weight, not comprehending how stressed I am about other things.

Fast forward to March 15, 2021 and I decided to hire a nutritional couch and it's been a wonderful tool, I've learned lots and it was totally worth it. I have lost 42 pounds since March which I'm extremely happy about. I have primarily given up gluten and refined sugars, however, I have a sweet tooth and will indulge on a regular basis. With that said, I have been learning to indulge in moderation, I'm still making progress with my weight loss so I'm okay with it, I don't get mad at myself over it.

My partner now comments about how if he were me he would feel like a failure when he indulges and often compares me having 3 cookies to him drinking weekly (he has quit drinking because it was a problem). I try to ignore it because I know he's comparing oranges to a basketball. Yeah they are the same shape and color, but they are not the same. It still gets under my skin. Time to reevaluate the relationship.

submitted by /u/wintermeowww
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3DrWAx3

No comments:

Post a Comment