Friday, October 8, 2021

Weight loss & busy schedule

Hello, I am 20F 5’1 209lbs . I am so frustrated with trying to lose weight . It’s been exactly a year since I started a 6 month program that cost me 2k just for it to be a load of CRAP …. It was focused on calories/macros and weight training . Although I was weight training 3-4x a week and sticking to a calorie deficit of 1600, the scale still wasn’t moving. I took progress pics every week and saw that a lot of my bloating had went down and my arms, legs were getting smaller (toned) but that was really all. The program ended in April and I decided to drop my calories down to 1500 for a month or two and I still only got down to 205.

Fast forward to the summer, I started nursing school which basically cut the gym out for me because we go to school 3-4 days a week (an hour drive from my house) and I work part time (2x 12 hour shifts). I picked up working out when I could but most of the time I was cramming to study .

Before fall semester started I went to my doctor because I was at a dead end, my mental health is at an all time low, I’ve had weight problems my WHOLE life and done fad diets where I always gained the weight back, and I’m just tired of being overweight . She recommended adipex (previously been on and lost 25lbs) but I was having severe headaches and couldn’t focus in school from my HR being 140-150. Went back got my labs done (Cholesterol was bad, thyroid was normal, not diabetic) and she put me on topomax saying she had heard some patients say they lost 10-20lbs on it . She also told me to stop calorie counting and lower my carbs so I lowered my carbs to 100g and upped my protein to 120g (been doing this for about 3 months) I have yet to lose anything I mainly fluctuate between 206-210.

I Really just can’t seem to find what works for me ! Before college, losing weight was super easy for me. But I’ve been actually working at it for right at a year now and nothing has budged .

I’m looking for ways to get the weight to start moving again. Things I already do: 60-70oz water a day Eggs/yogurt/fruit for breakfast Chick-fil-A grilled nuggets and kale salad or rolled turkeys with cheese and veggies for lunch Lean cuisine, RealGood foods, or a ground turkey dish with veggies and 1 starch I used to eat snacks in between but my doctor told me to cut down to 3x a day

submitted by /u/Sweet-Hawk
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2YCESIn

No comments:

Post a Comment