Tuesday, January 7, 2020

All Aboard The Post Holiday Weight Loss Wagon!

I've been on and off of "diets" for the last couple years, and every one of them but this last one I've started on has not been able to stick. (Most of them were variations on the keto diet but this time it's just calorie counting.) My 18th birthday is just days away at this point and since the holidays are over and I'm back at school I stuck to my promise that I would weigh myself at the end of it and keep on going just like I had been. I was expecting to have completely ruined my progress but to my surprise I actually only gained four pounds! Which, yeah, is pretty bad for a two and a half week span but it's much less than I was expecting to have to deal with.

I've decided that I really wanna try hard this year to have a clear weight loss goal and plan, and to FINALLY get down to 200 pounds. I honestly legitimately cannot remember a time when I was below that number after about 5th grade when puberty kicked in. I don't want this to just be a number that I get to, I want it to be a legitimate lifestyle change and finally feel confident in my body for once.

Here's my plan: since I started in late August my calorie limit has been 1800 a day, which worked out just amazingly for me and got me down to 239 in October from like 253, combined with a huge increase in exercise from having to bike to work and school. I'm going to start out again at 1800 this week, then every week decrease 100 calories until I'm acclimated to about 1500 calories a day, then do my best to stay at that intake until I reach my goal. I will also be eliminating my "cheat weekends" as they absolutely aren't helping me any.

I'm really hoping that by July I'll be there, but honestly one of the most important things someone's ever told me on this sub is that it doesn't matter when I get there just that I'm actively working towards it. My dream is to be one of those people who look back and say "yeah I was really overweight back in highschool, but I put in the work to lose it and now I'm finally okay with myself."

It's a new decade, and now I finally have the means to financially and physically control what and how much I eat, which I plan to take full advantage of this year. Wish me luck, and best of luck to anyone else on the same journey I am!

submitted by /u/kawaiidonut_suit
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/36zWkfA

No comments:

Post a Comment