Tuesday, January 7, 2020

A Year of Getting Better Physically and Mentally

Hi everyone, 22 almost 23 year old guy here. At the beginning of 2019 I wasn’t happy with who I was as a person physically and mentally. I was pushing around 270 pounds and had been at some of the lowest points in my life losing to my depression and anxiety. I had a history of extremely low self confidence, I had years of self harming and just truly hating who I was. I finally decided to try and make my life better, one step at a time.

I’m proud to say I’ve lost 65 pounds this past year and am down to my lowest weight since I was in 8th or 9th grade, ending up at around 205 pounds. I also went down from a 38 to 36 waist size while also going from an XXL shirt to mostly XLs and even some Larges. I honestly just started simple with walking everyday around my apartment, cutting pop (soda) and certain snacks out of my diet, and reducing my portion sizes. I eventually added strength training and the Coach to 5K app with jogging to that which helped me taking the next steps to losing more weight.

While I know this sub is more focused on weight loss, I’m also the most mentally healthy and happy I’ve been in a long time, with things like group therapy at my university, keeping track of my mood, and FINALLY finding a good therapist helping me get a whole lot better than I have been in the past. I knew I needed to get healthier in more ways than one, with me even just at first barely finding motivation to lose weight.

I still have goals that I want to reach as I continue to become more healthy mentally and physically, but I still am damn proud of what I did in 2019. I’m in repair, I’m not together but I’m getting there.

Pic of me on January 1, 2019 versus December 23, 2019: https://imgur.com/a/KD0jELB

submitted by /u/vukotich21
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2Qz9ggf

No comments:

Post a Comment