Tuesday, January 7, 2020

How to focus on weightloss without feeling defeated and humiliated?

I have always struggled with weight loss, and the one thing that bothers me the most is the mean comments about my weight. They're not said to encourage me or express concern for my health. Its just cruel jokes and humiliation from family, and the comments come from people who are overweight themselves. In the past I have dieted and lost weight in really bad ways in order to please them and they still weren't happy. I gained it back and the mean comments continue, and it really discourages me. I feel like I need to not diet in order to not let them win if that makes sense.

I have started keto, because I need to lose weight once and for all, but how do I shake the feeling that I have "lost" somehow by dieting? The family members who are overweight and bully me are a lot older, and nobody can make them diet, but I am expected to. Its such a complicated feeling for me. I know I need to lose weight, but I want to do it in peace. I have been holding myself back from achieving my goals in order to hold on to my pride, because its all I have at this point. If I lose weight, Im scared of becoming even more insecure, and feeling like a loser all over again like I did the last time I lost weight.

How do I focus on the fact that I need to lose weight and also stand up to my family and make sure they get it through their heads that I'm not doing this for them? How do I let go of my pride? This has been a problem for 12 years. I have been overweight since I was 7, and I don't even remember how I became overweight in the first place.

submitted by /u/BlueChickenNugget
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2sY2JCv

No comments:

Post a Comment