Saturday, January 4, 2020

Am I being unrealistic in my weight loss goals and how can I avoid plateau?

My weight has yo yo’d for probably the last decade but I’ve never made much conscious effort to do anything about it (I lost a load due to a period of very bad mental health and then put it all back on again). I’m now near the heaviest I’ve ever been. I’m getting married this year and I’m very self conscious about how I look in pictures at the moment. I’d love to be happy with my body on my wedding day!

I have set a goal of 2lbs a week and get married on the 12th September so I’m aiming to shed around 72lbs before then - is this realistic? So far I’ve mapped out the year week my week with my goal weight for each week. I’m worried I’ll plateau at some point and throw myself completely off track.

I’m trying to correct my diet firstly. I have been guilty of eating pure junk and 3-4 take outs per week in the last year. As of 1 Jan I restricted my calorie intake to 1200 and I’ve been sticking to it. I plan to get into a proper exercise regime next month but wanted to get my diet down first and not overwhelm myself.

Any tips, advice or guidance would be much appreciated!

submitted by /u/AwkwardSession
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/36BHBAw

No comments:

Post a Comment