Saturday, January 4, 2020

Help with exercise motivation

Hello friends,

I am early days (about six weeks or so) into my weight loss journey and am looking for some advice. I've found calorie counting pretty easy to intergrate into my life. I don't eat breakfast, have switched diet coke for water unless I want a treat after a hard day at work, and have essentially completely stopped snacking on anything other than fruit or veg (apples and carrot sticks are the go to). I'm averaging around 1200-1700 depending on the day.

I started out at 231lbs on November 18 of 2019 and as of the last weigh in a couple of days ago, I am at 221lbs. My initial aim is to hit 14st and come in on my BMI under overweight for the first time probably since I was 15 (I'm 25m).

However, I know that losing weight through CICO and CICO alone is not sustainable if I want to hit my ultimate goal of 11st (about 150lbs), and exercise will need to be a part of what I do going forward. However, I really struggle with motivating myself to go to the gym and work, and don't have the money to invest in anything like a bike etc. I have a very sedentary and stressful job, but walk around 2.5 miles a day to and from work. Often I just want to go home at the end of the day, I never could workout during a break (I don't have one really) and I'm naturally a late riser so would find early morning workouts an absolute killer.

For those who maybe were in a similar situation, what did you use as motivation to start going to the gym? Were their things you set as rewards if you did or was it something else? I'm also worried I'll overeat if I start exercising, even though I track everything religiously atm. Any help appreciated!

submitted by /u/jesse1194
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2ZVBUuP

No comments:

Post a Comment