Saturday, January 4, 2020

"Why don't you just eat when you're hungry and stop when you're full?"

Just a short rant on this terrible advice. Not that it's a terrible idea, but that it's terrible to recieve as advice - what a simple, easy solution! I can't believe it never occured to me before! Now I can finally manage my weight! ...I have heard friends and family members say it. My family doctor has said it. But mostly, I see it anytime weight gain issues are mentioned on a fitness, health, or weight loss sub. I understand that it's well intentioned, but it can feel so frustratingly condescending and ignorant.

Personally, I feel hungry a lot. Often. I feel hungry after well balanced meals, I feel hungry after getting adequate nutrients, sleep, and exercise. I can know that I'm adequately full but still feel hungry. I'm not unable to identify boredom, or stress, or anxiety, I'm not looking to feel stuffed to the brim to be rid of the feeling. I just feel hungry often. I'm happy for people that can say "I feel hungry, it's time to eat" while managing their weight. But I am someone that will feel hungry, no matter my weight or diet or lifestyle, and I must choose how much to eat based on what my body needs instead of my hunger cues.

Some people are just HUNGRY! And other people have complex issues. And the least helpful advice always begins with "Why don't you just...."

submitted by /u/breadcrustbeast
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/36pQsW9

No comments:

Post a Comment