Tuesday, January 7, 2020

Anyone else recovering from BED?

I am a 20 year old female. I suffered of severe anorexia from ages 13-16, but started to recover a few months before turning 17. But age 17 was the worst year of my life. I had crippling depression to the point where I attempted to end my life. Like many, I turned to food. With constant eating combined with my depression keeping me bed bound, my weight blew up. I went from 96lbs at 16, to 200 by my 18th birthday. I managed to maintain that 200 for a while, but it crept up to 210lbs. But I’ve successfully beat this disorder for the most part, and I am now 180lbs. It took so much effort. Not to lose the weight, that is the easy part. But to reprogram my mind. For 3 years, all I did was eat. I had to learn to tell myself that I don’t need all that food, and that’s a lot harder than people may think. It is hard as fuck. What really helped me was going for walks. Not for burning calories, but because it was a good distraction. And if I walked long enough, I’d be too tired to eat anyways upon coming home. Distraction was key for me. Also a big thing for me was realizing that recovery and weight loss will NOT be linear. There will be so many ups and downs. And if the weight goes up a bit, or I eat something I know I shouldn’t, I had to force myself not to be like “fuck it” and binge again

Anyone else have similar experiences to share? I’d love to hear from people like me and how you overcame it, or what you’re doing to try and get through it if you haven’t beaten it yet.

submitted by /u/emotionally-troubled
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2utrW8v

No comments:

Post a Comment