Saturday, January 4, 2020

Can I actually get to my GW? (Female: 5' 3" CW: 176 GW: 130. Moderately active, mostly confused) Looking for advice/other thoughts.

I've been told to lose weight by my doctor. In the last year or so I've probably put on 15lbs and started having some awkward health issues, although I'm not convinced they are completely related- they might just be amplified.

For context I work on my feet and while I'm not the MOST active person, I'm by no means about to be broken by a solid hike. Even when I was younger and played sports, I was always on the heavier side of the numbers for my age/stature. According to the BMI I should be 130lbs but I haven't been that weight since I was pubescent- it just doesn't feel like a physical possibility for me, with also being healthy.

Now my question is, is it actually possible for me to get to my goal weight, or am I going to always be a little heavier numbers wise because muscles, stature/ how my body is? Or is that just me being afraid of the numbers? I've been hesitant to give myself a number goal, because I'm aware that it can be a dangerous game. Especially considering this weight loss isn't the most drastic and it feels like a getting fit goal rather than a losing weight goal. Does that make sense? I know this isn't something that I'm going to figure out over night but I'm trying to create solid and attainable goals. I want to make sure my goal is realistic. I'm also talking to a wellness coach later this month but I'd like some diverse opinions.

Thank you for reading!

submitted by /u/bluegrassinthebreeze
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/36oFe4h

No comments:

Post a Comment