Wednesday, January 22, 2020

Does anyone else feel like they're just 'playing' at weight loss, but haven't truly committed?

I always have the feeling that I need to 'start' properly, and do it all at once, change a bunch of habits, otherwise I'm wasting my time.

For example, I started this year with an easy goal to begin with, track every calorie. I've been doing that for the last 22 days and keeping under my goal (approx - 500). It feels like this is probably alright, and will help if I keep it up, but probably won't be much of a noticeable difference by the end of the year (or until I 'give up' and lose progress). Extrapolating from these 3 weeks, no dissernable weight change.

And the idea of exercising is motivating at times, but I'm demotivated by thinking doing (x) as a one off is pointless, so why bother? Unless I'm committing to doing it every day or have a plan worked out, it's just playing around for no benefit.

It always feels like I need to have the stars align, begin a very strict diet, begin a specific workout routine, on a nice round date, after taking full measurements and pics, so that I'm fully committed. And it gives me a crappy excuse not to do something now.

Wondering if this has been a barrier for anyone else, and looking for advice around it.

submitted by /u/NEED_A_JACKET
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/37kePVL

No comments:

Post a Comment