Wednesday, January 22, 2020

January Progress and Motivation

I wanted to share my weight loss and health journey so far.

I hadn't planned on posting anything for a lot longer as I thought it would take much longer to see results.

History: January 1st (New Year, New Me) I decided I had had enough. I was going to change my diet/lifestyle and exercise more. I weighted 133.5KG (294 pounds) and was always lacking energy.

Goal: My goal is to lose 48kg - Goal Weight is 85KG (185 pounds)

Diet: I completely cut out soft drink, alcohol and fast food. I created a plan for my daily meals (Breakfast: Shake - 10.30am: Almonds - Lunch: Protein-based (Chicken/Egg/Beans) - 3pm: 1 x Banana - 6.30pm-7pm: Healthy Dinner)

Health: Instead of watching Netflix, playing games or doing nothing after dinner I make sure I get active - On Monday, Wednesday, Friday I go to the gym, 45 minutes - 1 hour - On Tuesday and Thursday I go for a walk or bike ride with my wife and do something light, like yoga - Weekends I try to spend outdoors (Golf, walk, swimming)

Personal: After I've done my exercise that's when I can play videos and do my hobbies - Have found that I still have time to enjoy them which is awesome!

I also have a quick 5 min cold shower in the morning to wake me up and increase blood flow and a hot shower just before bed to relax and help muscles recover

OVERVIEW/RESULTS: Its been almost 4 weeks and the routine has stuck. It actually feels weird when I miss something or forget to do it.

But the big this is how much I've lost - As of today I have lost 9.5kg (20 pounds) - Down to 124KG

I guess the point I wanted to do this post is to celebrate a little bit but I understand I still have a long way to go but also to let people know that it's not impossible, stick at it, something will click and things will fall in to place. We're all in this together

submitted by /u/Mr_Syrac
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2NPGplK

No comments:

Post a Comment