Saturday, January 11, 2020

Has weight loss impacted your dating life?

5'3, SW: 200, CW: 160, GW: 125.

I just started dating again at my CW. I am using the apps and I am able to get a lot of matches and dates. I have always got at least a second date but I am finding that guys aren't willing to be exclusive or take things further with me after 3-5 dates. Thankfully I have never been ghosted but the reasons are always super vague, most of the time it's because they met someone else. I understand this is part of modern dating, a lot of people are constantly looking for the next best thing. It is strange too because I almost always have great dates, they are never really awkward, we get along well, similar interests and humour etc.

Naturally I cannot shake the feeling that I would be a lot more successful in dating if I was thinner. I have a lot of things going for me and it's weird for me to say this, it feels really narcissistic and I am even cringing as I type but I have always been told I have a pretty face. I get it though, people are more attracted to healthy bodies and that's cool. I guess confidence is a major factor as well. I lack it when it comes to my body and it probably shows. Guys like confident girls.

I confided my thoughts to a friend who has recently dropped from 240 to 140 (5'9) so she is pretty slim now. She said she never had a problem with getting attention or sex when overweight but now she has noticed that guys not only give her that, but they are also more willing to take her seriously and want to commit.

I would like to hear some other stories. I am curious to see how weight loss has impacted your dating life?

submitted by /u/NearbyThought6
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2tbFrct

No comments:

Post a Comment