Saturday, January 4, 2020

How long did it take you to stop thinking about eating bad foods?

I'm a 5'5" 20F 208lb currently been doing myfitnesspal for about 7 weeks consistently (been struggling on and off logging everything I eat and trying to losing weight for about a year now). I'm at 1700 calories a day, aiming for .5-1lb of weight loss a week.

Like most of us, I've always had an unhealthy relationship with food, using it to destress, when I'm bored, when I'm sad, to heighten happiness, etc.

I've been working on a few coping mechanisms to curb the sugar and high calorie food cravings, like not having anything like that in my house, and trying to look at this page to curb the cravings through inspiration and a bit of shame.

I'm mostly asking, at what point in your journey did it become less of an emotional burden to curb a craving? I'm trying to adopt a timed goal mechanism, basically I'm wondering how far into the future I can look to say "It's only x more days/ weeks/months until I can look forward to not having to feel so bad for turning away the bad food".

Let me know your experiences/thoughts, thanks.

submitted by /u/DrLlemington
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/37DioWO

No comments:

Post a Comment