Sunday, January 19, 2020

I feel robbed of joy at weight loss progress

Long time lurker, first time poster. I have been doing CICO moderately well using Myfitnesspal and going to the gym pretty steadily for the last 6 months. Progress had been slow but definitely happening, my family had started to notice! I was proud of what I had achieved so far both on the scales and at the gym.

A few weeks ago a whole lot of pressure at work, a death in the family and a few other factors caused me to lose my appetite in a pretty major way. It's been weird, my usual MO had always been less control and overeating when stressed. Perhaps things have just gone a bit further this time?

Anyway, the kilos have been dropping and I can't take any joy in it. I recently passed a milestone of the lowest weight I have been in 10 years, it was a significant progress goal for me and I just can't get excited about that. I haven't done the work for it, it's not a healthy way to be losing weight and I'm probably losing much more muscle than if things were slowed down so my performance is probably going to be negatively affected too.

I hope this isn't inappropriate for this sub, I'm definitely still overweight and one of the things I'm concerned about is losing the motivation to continue tracking calories and doing things right when my system starts to return to normal. I have seen my doctor who has ordered some blood tests and given me a medical certificate for a week to rest.

If anyone has been in a similar situation or has any advice I'd appreciate your words.

submitted by /u/complexchemist
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2ufAaAM

No comments:

Post a Comment