Saturday, January 18, 2020

If I hate working out, am I doomed to fail my major weight loss?

Whenever I read stories about people who lost a bunch of weight (like 100 pounds and over), they've all become exercise nuts who just love lifting and running, cycling, competing in races... I've never heard one person go "You know, I actually hate working out but I have to do it if I don't want to get fat again".

Me. I'm that person. I lost close to 20 lbs and need to lose 140 more to be in an almost-healthy BMI range. But I'm a total couch potato. My personality is made for sitting and reading books and gaming and talking with my friends for hours over coffee. I'm the poster child for "sedentary life style".

Sure, I can work out if I absolutely need to or if it's the only healthy way to lose weight and/or maintain it, but I can never, ever in a million years, imagine myself actually liking it. And I would do it for the bare minimum needed for it to have health benefits. Think of it like eating something you really don't like, but you have to because it's good for you. I would never take the treadmill, or a bike, or a zumba class over a good book and tea coffee. Ever.

So, does this means I'm doomed to fail?

P.S. Hi, I'm new to Reddit. If I'm doing something wrong, please correct me.

submitted by /u/BriefCaterpillar0
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/38nZaob

No comments:

Post a Comment