Sunday, January 5, 2020

I’m not afraid to have my picture taken anymore.

32F - 5’0” - SW:210 - CW:170 - Goal: 130

This was me before I moved to Hawaii back in March of 2017. I don’t really have any before pictures because I avoided the camera and mirrors. But my ID is a pretty accurate display of my misery. I left Hawaii at the end of 2017 and dropped 27lbs in those 9 months. I didn’t do any drastic diet changes just hiked a lot, like 5-6 times a week.

I kept the weight off for 2018 but then gained 14 of it back in the beginning of 2019. In April of this year I moved back to Hawaii. During my time here I experimented a lot with my diet. I’ve tried eliminating gluten and dairy. I went pescatarian for a bit. Cut back on alcohol. Ended with low carb. I’ve had the most luck with low carb. I tried the strict 20 carbs a day initially but then switched it up to 50 carbs a day with increased carb intake before hikes and the gym. I also joined a gym here and went 3 to 5 times a week doing 30 min of cardio and finished with strength training. I also started doing yoga out here. Lastly I started seeing a CB therapist which helped a lot with controlling emotional impulses that made me self sabotage my efforts in weight loss.

I’m moving off island tomorrow and I’ve lost a total of 40lbs. Started at 210 and weighed in 170 this morning. I was a size 16 and now I’m a size 10 in jeans. I still need to lose another 40 for my 5ft frame. But I’m no longer afraid to have my picture taken. This is me now.

submitted by /u/notmyaccount1987
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2QQk9ce

No comments:

Post a Comment