Thursday, January 9, 2020

Is anyone successfully doing this without counting calories? What are you doing that is working?

So, I used to be a CICO-er, I managed to go from 230lbs to 185lbs using this method. I've since gotten back up to 250lbs due to some laziness and getting pregnant (which I used as an excuse to eat whatever I wanted). I am trying to lose weight again, but since this is like my 5th time starting over I have a lot of stress over this and I've been talking to a therapist. She recommended that I avoid counting calories this time, because it seems to her that while I did lose weight doing this in the past it never stuck because I would get in a bad mental place and fall off the wagon. She recommends that I instead focus on making nutritious food choices and good portion sizes. This makes me really nervous though because I liked the control I had doing CICO even though it ultimately led to a bit of a mental breakdown and bingeing when I finally got tired of feeling so restricted. I tend to be a person who needs a lot of control. I'm looking for advice from those of you who are having success with your weight loss without doing CICO, what is working for you? What tips can you give me?

submitted by /u/wolf_kisses
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2N7aMUw

No comments:

Post a Comment