Thursday, January 23, 2020

It's the little things, isn't it?

So my birthday weekend just went by and my friends and I were going to have a raucous weekend in Vegas. I was just about to walk out the door, and was just throwing together some clothes to wear out, and I realize in horror that my favorite pair of jeans (read: the pair that fits me the best) hadn't made it into the laundry hamper like I'd thought they had.

After a few moments of despair, I look over at the open closet, at the jeans I'd bought sometime last year. They were too tight when I got them home (because I did that stupid thing where the measurements are the same as the pants I was wearing, so I foolishly assumed they'd fit the same) and was too ashamed to take them back, so there they sat.

I grabbed a pair of them to wear, and discovered with absolute delight that they fit! Just like that, a pair of jeans that I dryly referred to as 'aspiration jeans' (even though they weren't THAT much smaller, just too small to wear) now actually fit and I could go out for a night on the strip in more or less brand new, never-worn jeans!

There isn't much of a point to this story, I'm not even that far along in my weight loss, and I have a long way to go, but these little successes help strengthen my resolve and I just thought I'd share. Happy Thursday, my friends!

submitted by /u/BlueHierophant
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2TQnSK3

No comments:

Post a Comment