Thursday, January 23, 2020

Realizing that I don’t really have the right to be impatient...

I am a very logical person. And 22. Sorta a boring 22 year old lol.

But I track all my calories and my “expected weight loss from deficit/exercise” in Excel. I am looking at around 1.6 pounds a week. So, while in the next 5 months I’d like to lose like 45 pounds, I know the rate I’m at will be closer to 30 which is still a win.

I find myself feeling despair sometimes. “Wow this will take a long time” I think to myself. What if I can’t do it? Or commit? I try not to weigh myself more than once a week. What if I get behind? Why 30 pounds in 5 months, what do I need to do for that to be 50???

But to comfort myself, I remember that me, being out of shape and binge eating for years, has no right to be impatient. That I need to humble myself, put in the work, and trust the process.

I love reading this sub because it helps me switch my mindset from impatient to excited :) appreciate all of you!!

submitted by /u/Whore_for_McMuffins
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/37nF7X6

No comments:

Post a Comment