Wednesday, January 1, 2020

Last Year I Did What I Said Was Impossible

Hello all! I’m generally more of a commenter than a poster, but I guess I’m in that old New Years reflective state that gets us. Anyways, I’m f/37/5’6”/SW355/CW265ish. Always been bigger, yo-yoer, you know the story. Started seriously this time around about thanksgiving 2018. I had lost 100 pounds by this past Halloween, but then between hitting that milestone and some health issues, I’ve backslid a bit (it’s ok. I’ve learned some lessons from it).

On this day last year, I was PMing with a lady from a resolution thread, who had said she’d gone from a size 26 to a 20 in 2018. Sitting in a size 28, I told her that getting to a size 20 in a year was smaller than I’d been in decades, and that it was beyond the kind of progress I could possibly imagine.

Well, kids, today I sit here in a size 20 pants and an XL shirt. If I could go back in time and tell 2018 me about it, I still don’t think I’d believe it. I didn’t set out with the goal to do this. My resolution last year was ONLY to end the year weighing less than I started. I was focusing mostly on the mental work, and stopping binge eating.

This time of year is great because motivation comes naturally, both if you’re new, and for those who’ve been at it a while. Just remember that motivation will leave. It simply can’t last. Focus this period of motivation on building habits, so you can then rely on determination to keep you going. I look at my path to being healthier as just part of the responsibility to take care of myself. I’m not motivated to go to work every day. I’m certainly not motivated to do the dishes. I do them because they’re what I need to do to take care of myself.

This year my resolutions are simple. Again, to end the year weighing less than I started, and to accept that my weight loss will probably slow down now. I don’t know what that next “impossible” thing is for me, but I can’t wait to discover it.

If you’re new, especially if you have a long way to go like me, just take things one day at a time, focus on your successes, and refuse to give up. Who know, maybe that thing you’re thinking is impossible will turn out to be totally achievable.

submitted by /u/IrrawaddyWoman
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2rMAKW3

No comments:

Post a Comment