Wednesday, January 1, 2020

M/39/6’3”/295 and I need to be held accountable!

Ok so like many people I am starting my weight loss journey today.

I’ve always been “the big guy” as I have a broad frame which helps hide how overweight I am, but now I am at my heaviest ever and my goal is to lose 50 pounds by my 40th birthday in July,

A year ago I was around 260 but when a back injury at work gave me 2 slipped discs I left my manual labor job and ever since then I have not exercised on a regular basis. Couple that with some emotional eating and in the last year I’ve gained 35 pounds.

I want to be fitter and healthier for myself but also for my wife and 3 year old daughter, however until now I have lacked the motivation to get started with exercise and healthier eating. I eat too much chocolate and fast food, so need to cut them down a lot.

So as well as asking you all to help hold me accountable, I am taking pictures and documenting my weight loss. I plan to lift dumbbells at home, walk my dog and ride my mountain bike every day. I am also making healthier eating choices, including intermittent fasting (only eating between midday and 8pm every day), more fruit and vegetables, less fat and sugar, smaller meals and more meals instead of snacking. In theory it seems like a decent plan, so I start now and let’s see how much I can lose in January!

submitted by /u/Balzac_Tbagha
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/37pVAJL

No comments:

Post a Comment