Monday, January 13, 2020

Looking for Advice with a New Obstacle! Cut Calories but Weight won't Budge

Hello everyone!

I am 5'2, 140 pounds on my home scale (150 pounds on the doctor's scale) and female.

I exercise consistently with cardio and weightlifting. (Roughly 4 days a week for weights and 5 days a week for cardio) I burn around 400+ calories per workout according to my Fitbit.

I have cut calories in the past and used the MyFitnessPal app to help me, which worked great! ... Until now.

I realized a few weeks ago that I had developed a bit of a belly. It sticks out further than I'd like, which bugs me, and is the catalyst for why I set out to lose 5 pounds.

I've been weighing myself when prompted by the app and I haven't moved at all in my weight loss over 11 days.

I'm pretty good at staying right around where my calories say I should be, but this is the first time I've had this big of a problem. Sometimes I'm under and sometimes I'm over, but never by more than 200, and even that is rare as hen's teeth.

I'm wondering what's going on? Am I gaining muscle and it's causing my scale to not move? Am I heavier than my scale says I am (there's a 10 pound difference at the doctor's office)?

I am concerned that if I am actually heavier than what my scale says, maybe I am not eating enough and that's contributing to my problem. I do get hungry a good bit and have very little wiggle room with my calorie restriction.

Some important notes! I am weighed whenever I arrive at the doctor's (morning, mid-day, afternoon) and also while fully clothed with wallet, keys, shoes, the works. At home I weigh myself in my PJs when I first get up.

I am also a vegetarian and going vegan as I have food sensitivities and have recently become lactose intolerant.

Any thoughts or advice is welcome and thank you for having me! You have a really cool community! I hope everyone continues to meet goals and get that healthy life!

(On mobile, so I apologise if anything looks odd)

submitted by /u/AlwaysHadCats08
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3a7yXw7

No comments:

Post a Comment