Tuesday, January 7, 2020

Loose skin and confidence after weight loss

So i started my weight loss about 1.5 years ago at 142 kg (313 lbs), smoking a pack per day. I'm male, 30, 190 cm (6'2), 83 kg (183 lbs) and quit smoking about one year ago.

I do a lot of sport now, about 12 hours per week. Cycling about 300 km (186 mi) and running about 50 km (31 mi) per week. Got my running time for 10 km (6.2 mi) down to 45 min at a pace of 4:30/km (7 min/mi).

I signed up for my first olympic distance triathlon in july this year. So i needed to start swimming again after not doing so for more than 10 years because i was embarrassed of my weight.

So after losing 59 kg (130 lbs) i have some loose skin, mainly on my belly.

Three weeks ago i started swimming three times per week in a public pool. I noticed i get a lot of weird looks from people. Some really staring at my belly.

But here comes the catch: I really don't care!!

Two years ago i would have left immediately if i had noticed this. Now all i think is "yeah, look at me and see what i have accomblished". I know what i have done and what i'm capable of, so this gave me a big boost in confidence.

Anyway, i just wanted to share this because i feel awesome 😁

submitted by /u/Ceroklis
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3041PRk

No comments:

Post a Comment