Sunday, January 12, 2020

Lost 60 pounds and gained 80, trying again.

Hi r/loseit! I want to start this off with an apology, mostly because you guys probably get tons of posts like this and are tired of hearing it, but I feel like posting here will keep me more accountable during this journey.

My journey started when I turned 20, I found out I was a type 2 diabetic and my A1C was through the roof due to my eating habits, in addition to the nearly 7 liters of soda I would drink a day. At the time I weighed 300 pounds. This kicked me into high gear, and I was able to lose 60 pounds in right around 6 months. I was feeling great, and was starting to look better. Unfortunately, I had some life events happen that put me into severe depression, and I lost my job and home. I gained all of it back and plus some. This made my weight 320 pounds. My health is now deteriorating, my diabetes is getting worse, and new problems are manifesting. I dont want my life to be like this, so I'm trying to make the change again.

My life is now somewhat more stable than it was, and I'd like to take advantage of that by eating less, eating healthier, and exercising again.

My goal weight is 180 pounds, and I'd like to reach that in a year. This may seem excessive, and it very well may be, but after some consultation the negative effects of staying this weight far outweigh (haha) the negative effects of losing weight quickly.

I plan on frequent visits to my doctor to make sure there are no serious ill effects of this weight loss.

My plan is to cut my calorie intake to 1500 calories a day, in addition to walking for at a minimum of 60 minutes a day. I'm also considering intermittent fasting, as that's what helped me lose weight before, but I am worried about the possibility of low blood sugar due to current habits, so I'll be waiting until I've already lost some weight to start that.

If anyone read through all this, thank you. I would greatly appreciate any tips or tricks you've learned, or anything else that may be of value during this journey. Thanks again.

submitted by /u/pittbullblue
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2QJDzkj

No comments:

Post a Comment