Sunday, January 12, 2020

I Feel Like It’s Finally a Lifestyle Change! (SV)

(32F, 5’3, SW: 188.6, CW: 152.1, GW: 148.6)

I started working out and changing my diet on September 30, 2019. My starting weight was 188.6. The lowest I got before Christmas was 152.1. I couldn’t believe how well I was doing! I knew I’d want to enjoy the holidays, so I let myself do that. If I ate on plan, great. If I didn’t, that was okay, too! The challenge would be to eat moderately, and get back on track afterwards.

Our holidays extended past New Years for a few days due to leftovers and visitors, but I really got myself back in gear on Jan 4th. between 12/20-1/3 I had put back on a few pounds and was sitting at 155.6. Today I woke up and the scale said 152.1 again, just in time for me to go on vacation of course!

I’ve done the hard work in the past and lost the weight. I don’t often have will power to do what I should do to be healthy, but when I do I’m all in. The trouble starts when I go off plan for more than a meal or two, and it’s nearly impossible for me to get back ON plan. This last week of dedication proved to me that I’ve made the commitment to make a real lifestyle change. It makes me feel so good knowing that I can come off and get back on, that the journey to health and mental happiness is worth it. That I’m worth it.

I’m at peace with gaining those few pounds back the next week and a half. I know al I have to do is get back to what I was doing and I’ll be just fine. I’m starting in Puerto Rico and ending in CA. Too much good food to stay on my current plan. But I also have the tools to not binge, enjoy reasonable portions without guilt, and live my life.

I’m one of those people who will also tell you that if I can do it, anyone can!

ETA: I started with a kickboxing challenge that gave me a difficult diet and weight loss goal. After reaching out here I adjusted the diet and the weight started to come off. I work out 4-5 days a week on average and I absolutely love it. Going to the gym wasn’t something that made me excited, but kickboxing makes me excited every single time. I eat 6oz of protein, 2 cups veggies, and 180g berries for breakfast and lunch, sometimes rice or beans instead of berries, and 6oz protein, 2 cups veggies and 2 TBSP fat at dinner, as well as one if not two protein shakes a day. Usually just one.

submitted by /u/ejb8705
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2R821uF

No comments:

Post a Comment