Wednesday, January 1, 2020

My Weight Loss Story

I’m usually not very open about my weight and I think that ultimately hurts me. Towards the end of 2017 I went to the doctor for abdominal pain. It wasn’t anything major I had accidentally taken an antibiotic for too long and it was negative side effects. But while I was there they weighed me as per usual, 470lbs. Wait, 470lbs? How did it get this bad? I knew then and there that I wanted to change.

Earlier in the year towards the end of July I decided to stop drinking soda. Problem was I was still drinking sweet tea, juices, and milk. Well the hard part was quitting soda so I dropped the other right then and there and switch solely to water. Great. Unfortunately I made no changes in my diet and so I made no real weight loss progress.

I happen to have an excellent resource in that my friend is a personal trainer and he was more than happy to help with a good dietary and workout regimen. The end of 2017 had come and gone, I didn’t want to get lumped into the New Year’s resolution crowd so once the first of February hit I started hitting the gym. On top of that I started walking on my work breaks and walking my dogs at home.

With my new diet and exercise plan in place I had really started shredding weight. By the middle of March I had lost almost 40lbs (mostly water weight) in six weeks. Things were going great I was saying no to the things I should like fast food, pizza, ice cream, and sweets. I was saying yes to physical activity and healthy food.

It’s September of 2018 now and I’m down to 340. My birthday is in the middle of September and my family gets me an ice cream cake every year. I figure why not I’ll have a slice. Then one slice turn into three. Then the cake turns into candy, the candy into fast food, and the fast food into pizza. Why was I ever saying no to these things, they’re delicious?

All those no’s disappeared and they became a yes. Everything I was saying yes to disappeared and became a no. I saw the behavior coming and I tried to stop myself and stay on track. A bout of depression hits and it becomes impossible to recover, all the good stops and the bad starts in again.

In 2019 I went to the gym less than ten times. I kept a regular schedule walking my dogs for a few months but it faded too. I stopped walking on my breaks, I stopped eating healthy, I honestly gave up. The one good thing I retained was drinking only water. I weighed myself a month ago and came in around 420lbs.

For Christmas my sister got herself and me a gym membership. We went for the first time today because that’s when it started up. I was trying to give her pointers and suggestions regarding what my friend had taught me and she wasn’t very receptive. That aside we agreed to go every other day and she has signed us up for a weight loss challenge. I’m hoping she’ll be more open to my suggestions going forward, but; I had a great time and look forward to trying this again and getting it all the way right now that I know my pitfalls and shortcomings.

submitted by /u/MerryFackingPuppies
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/36kGJ3a

No comments:

Post a Comment