Wednesday, January 1, 2020

Something I think every woman needs to hear

I wanted to make a post, and I am not even sure if this is the right sub to post it on, but it needs to be said.

Ladies- please do not compare your bodies to others. Throughout your weight loss journey, you probably have certain aesthetic goals that you want to reach. It is really, really easy to look at progress photos and see how others look and make it a goal to look like them. However, this will only mess with your mental health and even take away from your health improvement journey.

Some people naturally carry a lot of weight in their stomach. Losing weight will not make you have a smaller waist while maintaining your thick thighs. Losing weight means you take up less space than you used to, and every part of your body shrinks and sags. A calorie deficit will make you smaller- but you still might have a big stomach in proportion to your other body parts! This is entirely genetics.

I recently posted in r/progresspics and all of the comments were in shock with how much I weigh compared to my measurements and pictures. I weigh 170lbs and my waist is ~29.5 inches. There are people who weigh 30 less pounds than me with the same size waist and there are people who are the same weight as me with a larger waist! When you start your weight loss journey, you need to stay focused on your health and what makes you feel good, because so much of what you look like is outside of your control.

In 2020 remember to stay kind to yoursef and cherish the body you were given. After you get comfortable in your routine and made both mental and physical progress, you can worry about aesthetic changes in the gym. But don’t jump into this new year with misconceptions about what it really means to lose weight and remember that slow and steady really wins the race.

submitted by /u/urnice2jk
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2ssPFFf

No comments:

Post a Comment