Wednesday, January 15, 2020

Putting on weight overnight and struggling with obsessive tendencies over weightloss.

Hi there everyone!

I've been on my weight loss journey for twelve days now and I felt that I was doing rather well, especially as I had been making the effort to exercise and I've started the Couch to 5k app and I've been doing weights, and I've been measuring out everything that I've been eating and logging it onto my fitness pal, and I normally have at least a 200-400 calorie deficit and I've been trying to eat 1200 calories a day or a bit more when I've exercising. but it's been within my allowance. I've not been feeling hungry and I've just been interested in eating, and I just have coffee and tea until about lunch or I skip eating until dinner. I've been doing really well and I've lost four pounds. I weigh myself daily and I was rather upset to find out that I've put on just over a pound overnight and I weighed myself again a few minutes ago, and I'm back at my starting weight, despite going to the gym today for 40 minutes and not eating anything other than a coffee and tea. I'm just feeling so disappointed in myself and I'm feeling that I've failed. I'm not sure what I've been doing wrong as I had been doing so well until today.

It's not a problem with portion control and what's on the plate, I thrive off the control of restricting food and I make sure that everything that I eat has been weighed and counted on my fitness pal. If I don't know the calories, I won't bother eating it and I've been enjoying skipping meals.

I've struggled with disordered eating in the past when I was a teenager and I did lose a lot of weight when I was on 800 or fewer calories a day, losing two stone in a summer. I'm in a good place mental health-wise, but I tend to get obsessive about things and I'd admit that I'm a control freak, and I do restrict my diet a lot when I'm struggling, e.g. I was on a strict plant-based diet when I was really struggling with uni, and I would use it to avoid eating. I know that I have the potential to spiral out again, and I'm getting anxious at the thought of putting on more weight and eating foods that I can't measure out and know the calories for, such as when I'm in a restaurant or if someone else cooks for me. Does anyone have any tips for dealing with obsessive behaviour during weight loss?

submitted by /u/sparksqueen
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2TBTkf9

No comments:

Post a Comment