Wednesday, January 15, 2020

Will fruit sabotage my weight loss?

Hey everyone! I posted here for the first time the other day and was thrilled at the encouragement and the positive feedback.

Like I said, I've been doing CICO for weight loss and so far haven't had a problem keeping in my calorie budget, especially when adding exercise on. I've made a lot of changes to my diet; cutting out bread and soda almost entirely (I only ever drank diet soda anyway), drinking mostly water besides my morning coffee, cutting out dessert, etc. A lot of these have targeted my sugar and carb intake.

However, my preferred snack is now fruit. Bananas, apples, tangerines, grapes, and mango, mostly. Because of this, I always end up eating over the recommended 25g of sugar a day. All the weight loss rhetoric I've read evangelizes how sugar is evil, it's a poison, it'll be the #1 thing that keeps you from losing weight. But my brain can't wrap around the fact that eating that banana is just as bad as eating a cookie in terms of sugar intake and weight loss.

Will fruit sabotage my weight loss when it comes to sugar? Why or why not? If it will, how can I improve?

submitted by /u/adamjocon
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/35VvdKL

No comments:

Post a Comment