Sunday, January 12, 2020

Ready to Finally Be Happy With Myself Before I Turn 20

I've been following this sub for a long time (as a lurker, some of my friends/families definitely know my account info, hence the throwaway lol), and all of your stories and support for one another has really changed my perspective on what healthy weight loss looks like and cemented into my mind that this is something I can and will do.

I've always been on the cusp of "fat", not enough to ever be bullied for my weight, but enough to convince my young self that I shouldn't be sharing in the excitement of first crushes and boyfriends; that I would never be asked to middle school dances or prom as I was never quite as desirable or thin as my friends. Fast forward to now, I'm 19, 163cm, and currently 70-71kg, but I've pretty much been insecure with my body all my life. Over the past year, I've made great strides in my mental health and gradually grown more and more confident with the way I look (a HUGE milestone for me), and I am now able to look at myself in the mirror and say that I like the way I look naked.

Of course, I still get bursts of insecurity, have a bad habit of comparing myself to others, and can't help but feel that the last bit of self improvement I have yet to achieve is a substantial physical change.

I'm excited to tackle this journey head-on knowing what I know now about CICO, a healthy mentality, and sustainability. I've been tracking calories for a while now, and been happy enough just to sustain my weight without fear of gaining more and more weight (a nightmare of mine I've had ever since I developed stretch marks in my teens). I haven't really been surrounded by the healthiest environment regarding food, eating, and healthy weight loss, and that definitely reflects itself in my mentality and bad habits. My best friend definitely has an eating disorder I've been trying to help her work through, and Ive always felt an unhealthy competition with my skinnier younger sister (who has experimented with dieting pills, e.t.c).

Nonetheless, this sub and other resources have helped me view weightloss in a different light, something that I can achieve by staying disciplined and trying to integrate lifestyle changes slowly and sustainably rather than restricting for short periods of time. I hope to reach my target weight before my 20th birthday, so that I can finally feel confident in the clothes I want to wear and start this new, healthier chapter of my life.

submitted by /u/Icy-Tumbleweed
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2FFSVA3

No comments:

Post a Comment