Sunday, January 19, 2020

Reminder: Keto can be dangerous and can put pressure on your organs and have nasty side effects

I see everyone championing Keto without providing data, and I assume many people will try it without doing research. So here goes, thank me later for your healthy organ function.

“Wellness Dietitian Mary Condon, RN, LDN, said the keto diet may result in weight loss and lower blood sugars, but it's a quick fix. “More often than not, it's not sustainable. ... The keto diet could cause low blood pressure, kidney stones, constipation, nutrient deficiencies and an increased risk of heart disease.”

Source:

https://www.uchicagomedicine.org/forefront/health-and-wellness-articles/ketogenic-diet-what-are-the-risks

If you don’t have good health insurance or something, then I would simply weigh my options and consider how likely it is that my life is highly at risk considering my medical history and current weight, and also things I notice about how beaten up my body is. Diets that are widely considered to be healthy include the Mediterranean diet and other ones I can’t think of off the top of my head.

If all else fails, simply eat as much variety and fresh food as you can WITHOUT making your life too tedious and making everything revolve around food, have fiber if your stomach can handle it, and stay as full as you can while having a realistic calorie intake. You can eat all the fast food you want but it will do you no good, since you’ll lack vitamins and minerals and still end up hungry, because fast food has no fiber among other things. you can also set an unrealistic calorie goal where you’ll feel hungry and not be able to work and think properly, but that’ll also do you no good. Again, if you’re really at risk of dying, then disregard my calorie intake advice and go for a more extreme approach if you feel that’s best for you. Don’t forget that your goals are to be lose weight AND be healthy, not just lose weight. Cheers, folks.

submitted by /u/INFJboi
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/361yW9G

No comments:

Post a Comment