Tuesday, January 14, 2020

Requesting winter advice, please.

I'm new here and hoping someone could help me out.

Quick stats: - 30F - 5'2" (157 cm) - SW 175.4 lbs (79.5 kgs) - CW 129 lbs (58.5 kgs) - GW 115.4 lbs (52 kgs)

I have always been thirty to seventy pounds (13.5 to almost 32 kgs) overweight. My current weight loss is the slow and steady result of the past twelve months.

Everything is going great except I no longer seem to be able to retain heat. I live in the PNW so winter is a very real season for me. When I was overweight, I didn't often need to wear more than a sweater and I was always too warm. Now though, I can sit directly in front of my small personal heater at work and still not feel my fingers. As someone who writes a lot, this is a problem! And anytime I wear my jeans like I've always done, my legs now lose feeling if I'm out in the cold weather for more than half an hour. Feeling my skin tingle uncomfortably for up to an hour afterwards and seeing it looked a mottled red and white color is slightly disturbing imho. And wearing thick socks with expensive, high-quality snow boots still leaves my toes without feeling if I'm outside too long. I've taken to wearing three to five layers of clothes and sometimes it's still not enough!

Has anyone else experienced this problem and, if so, how did you resolve it? Will I eventually get used to this insufferable cold? Is there something I should be doing to help mitigate these feelings (or lack thereof)? I've been trying to tough it out but it's been a miserable season for me this year and I don't have health insurance to ask a professional.

submitted by /u/ghost_garden
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2TvVUTT

No comments:

Post a Comment