Monday, January 13, 2020

Struggling Through Expensive, Awful Weight Loss Program

I have needed to lose weight for a while and my dad suggested a program, not sure if I want to say which one or not, that his friend tried and had great results with. He did research before talking to me about it and really encouraged me to go in for a consultation.

I went and the doctor and other person I spoke with were friendly and talked in depth about the program. I feel like I should have noticed some red flags during the appointment but I felt kind of desperate and to be honest embarrassed that my dad was so adamant about me losing weight. He's a very health obsessed person and he can't help but make comments. They had me stand on a scale barefoot to calculate BMI and other info and the doctor came and told me that I had the metabolism of an 80 year old woman (I'm in my early thirties.)

This kind of upset me and I have been so unmotivated to make the kinds of choices I know that I need to make in order to get healthy so I decided to sign up. Honestly if I hadn't my dad probably wouldn't have been super pleased. He offered to pay for all of it and I knew that this would also be an incentive for me to complete the program.

Here are the basics of it:

*The first part is the calorie-restricted phase that lasts 40 days.

*You take homeopathic drops every day that are supposed to suppress appetite and help your body adjust to the calorie reduction. You also have 1/2 tsp of pink salt in water each day.

*The food guidelines are two 5 oz servings of lean protein, 2 cups fruit, and 2 cups vegetables each day. No sugar, grains, fats, dairy, and there are only certain fruits and vegetables that are acceptable.

*No breakfast, lunch and dinner only.

*After 40 days you enter the maintenance phase where you add breakfast and from what I understand limited amounts of butter. After a few weeks you begin to add foods in.

Promised weight loss is a minimum of 20 lbs in 40 days. You go in every few weeks for an assessment and text them your weight every day. None of it seemed that bad at first and, my god, they really sell it to you during that consult.

I am a couple weeks in now and I have lower energy than I did before, I'm tired all of the time, I am very unhappy eating the most limited diet I have ever seen, and I'm now getting bruising that isn't caused by bumping into anything.

Have I lost weight? 10 lbs. I'm not sure it's worth it. I have had to turn down dinner invitations with friends because I don't want them to know I'm doing this and because I won't be able to eat anything. I don't even want to go anywhere because I might see something delicious that I can't have. Commercials for pizza make me tear up.

I have since seen some bad reviews online that I hadn't before starting and they have said that you are only consuming around 500-700 calories daily on this. They didn't tell me that and those numbers freakin scare me. Many people also said they gained the weight back after adding even healthy foods in.

I consider myself to be reasonably intelligent and I'm wondering why the hell I let myself get sucked into this. I should have been more skeptical of the entire program and the drops that the program hinges on, having since seen negative information about them.

I do more research buying a damn pillow than I did before starting because I really wanted it to work.

It costs $2700 (!!!) and that was discounted because I paid it all up front. If I give up there's no refund, my dad is out that money, and I look like a failure.

I should have just gone keto. FML. I guess this is just me venting but I wanted to see if anyone else used a similar program or if anyone has advice on how to get through this lousy thing.

submitted by /u/Webs1224
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/387C4lV

No comments:

Post a Comment