Monday, January 13, 2020

Test Trial

I decided to see a nutritionist and get my body tested for BMR, body fat etc. It told me where my fat was lodged, mainly my trunk and equally in legs and arms. I also got my results and a calorie goal. I have decided to try it for 8 weeks and see if it works. I have been seeing a lot of posts about eating less to lose weight and from what I have been told, my BMI is within normal ranges but I do have fat mass I want to lose. I had been aiming for around 1200 calories but I haven't really been experiencing weight loss, I've actually stalled at around 138lbs for weeks, going up to 141lbs and then back down to 139lbs.

I'm 5'3 at 139lbs, 31% body fat, visceral fat is an 8 on a scale of low, 10 and high (so idk) and my BMR is 1311 kcal. My lean mass is 52lbs and my body fat mass is 43lbs. I want to drop 15lbs of body fat mass, but ideally, I'll most likely drop maybe 5 lbs and gain 1lb or 2 lbs of muscle mass. For females, 31% body fat isn't that bad due to where we store fat and our breasts but I want to ideally drop to 25% body fat.

But, the nutritionist told me to eat 1700 calories a day when working out, and 1500 when not. So I'm gonna trust him and eat around 1500-1700 calories, and prioritizing my macros towards protein and carbs. I'll most likely experience an increase in water weight initially and some weight gain, but at the end of the eight weights, if he's correct, I should lose a few pounds. Hopefully.

When the eight weeks are over, I'll update this post. Ultimately I am aiming for body recomposition but losing body fat overall is good. I wanted to make this post as an awareness that as you get closer to your ideal body weight, it gets harder and harder to lose excess body fat. I was told that due to working out, I have to eat more to fuel my muscles and body. I will say that I do feel more energetic and so far I haven't seen my weight shoot up, yet. Surprisingly, 1700 calories are just an extra handful of nuts. Trying to balance between 1500-1700 without shooting over will be a challenge.

I'll revisit in 4 weeks, just to see where things are and then at 8 weeks. I am excited to see where this leads. I will also be monitoring my workouts, see if I'm lifting more weight and pushing harder. If they're right, then that changes the game plan. I've always been a fan of eating more to fuel workouts, but this the first time I'm recording everything. I figured getting some accountability buddies will keep me from straying from the path.

submitted by /u/MaxVictory
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/35N1WSf

No comments:

Post a Comment