Monday, January 13, 2020

The benefit of a Friday weigh in

Hi Loseit!

Like many of you, I’ve been on this weight loss journey for a long time, and along the way I’ve learned what works for me and what doesn’t.

One thing I recently started doing that I wish I had done sooner is weighing myself on Friday (or the day before your ‘weekend’). It was easy to stick with my goals during the work week, but when the weekend came I would drink, eat more, and log calories less. I finally figured out that I wasn’t losing weight (and sometimes gaining) because of this bad weekend behavior. So, I weigh myself on Friday, the day before the weekend, the day before I often eat out and drink and binge.

On Friday, if my weight loss progress is good, it motivates me to keep doing better over the weekend. And if my progress is slow or not where I want it to be, it motivates me to tighten up my efforts a little more. No more being disappointed when I step on the scale on mondays!

Hope this helps someone like it’s helped me. Cheers to y’all!

submitted by /u/CraterCrest
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/35Rv22S

No comments:

Post a Comment