Thursday, January 16, 2020

[Tip] A reminder that it's not about weight loss

I've come across a lot of posts by people asking why they aren't losing weight when they're on a proper calorie deficit, and doing everything correctly.

Before increasing your deficit, know that your unit of measurement might be misleading. It's not about weight loss.

If you can see progress in any one of the following areas on your cut, be assured, you're doing it right:

• You're seeing more definition

• Your waist size is decreasing / clothes are looser

• Your lifts / fitness levels are increasing

• And, finally, weight loss

As someone currently on a cut (from ~30% bodyfat to currently ~17% and looking to hit 11%, having been 14% in the past), I'm at a phase where I'm starting to see weekly changes around my midsection. Knowing this, when I step on the scale, I want the reading to be as high as possible, because then I'll know I'm preserving muscle, or better yet, undergoing body recomposition (muscle feeding off fat loss).

It's easy to talk to people who don't know much about health and fitness about your cut in terms of pounds/kilos, but know that we don't gauge a company's success by only how much it spends.

This may come as common knowledge to some, but even experienced individuals need reminders and reassurance.

submitted by /u/Peteskies
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2svnvJA

No comments:

Post a Comment