Thursday, January 16, 2020

Weighing myself daily is surprisingly motivating

As with many people here, I renewed my weight loss efforts around New Year's (actually started the week before because I had time off work and just decided what the hell let's go). I really thought about what I would do differently this time since I've tried to lose the same 15 pounds many times.

I decided to try weighing myself every day. Just to try it.

I was afraid it would make me feel awful, since I have IBS and a bad day of bloating can make me see a weight gain of up to five pounds. I was afraid I would see normal day to day fluctuations and that would demoralize me.

Instead, I'm more motivated than ever. Why? Because I can actually see a downward trend line even if I have an outlier day of bad bloating.

Before, I'd weigh myself every week or every other week. If I happened to be bloated that day, I'd get frustrated that my CICO wasn't working and give up. Whats the point of saying no to pad thai and BBQ chips if I'm not losing weight, right?

Now that I'm seeing an actual downwards trend over the past three weeks, it's actually easier to consistently say no to my favorite food vices (salty, crunchy, and carby). I probably was losing weight before but couldn't see it and gave up before the results were apparent even with IBS bloat.

Has anyone else had a similar experience?

submitted by /u/DarthPandaSocks
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/35Z6QMe

No comments:

Post a Comment