Sunday, February 16, 2020

A slightly funny anecdote about denial

A couple of years ago, I was slightly in the obese range according to BMI. I however refused to believe that I was overweight. I noticed that I looked chubby in every photo that anyone else took of me. I would get mad at them for not telling me to turn my head or something, or for only ever using horrible angles. I thought it was just that everyone was horrible at taking pictures. Lol Then, I finally accepted that if I literally always looked chubby, then I probably was and that weight was not likely "just all my muscle." I started taking weight loss seriously, and have now lost about 60 lbs. Began at age 27, currently 28 years old, F, 5ft 6in. My highest weight was around 192 lbs, and I'm now 135 lbs! I no longer look chubby in photos or get mad at people who take pictures of me.

I was just looking through old photos and remembered being really frustrated with my friend because he took a photo of me in costume but I looked awful in it, in my opinion. I laughed when I remembered because I now know it wasnt really his fault that I had no discernable jawline.

submitted by /u/YamunaHrodvitnir
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2P22w9s

No comments:

Post a Comment