Wednesday, February 12, 2020

Amazed at how far my body has come in terms of fitness

At my heaviest I couldn't walk for more than 15 minutes at 2mph without having to stop. My feet would hurt and I would get so out of breath.

I always think back to one specific day. I got to work and parked my car. The car park is a 2 minute walk from my building and about 1 minute of this walk is on a very slight incline. It was raining, a coworker seen me and waited as he had an umbrella (I did not). He chatted to me as we walked together and I could barely hold a conversation with him. I was so out of breath over a 2 minute leisurely walk all because half of it was on a tiny incline. I was so embarrassed because it was very obvious I was struggling. My coworker is twice my age too.

My issues with walking were definitely due to my weight as I was 250lbs at 5'4 but I was also very sedentary. I never did over 2,000 steps a day for years.

I have incorporated exercise into my weight loss routine from day 1 and I am so glad for it. I am much lighter now (165lbs) which definitely helps but the training has too. I exercise every single day. I lift weights 3-4 times a week and do cardio everyday for at least 90 minutes and I love it. I can walk for 7+ miles without stopping and I can even run a little too.

I even switched to biking a couple of weeks ago as I was getting bored of doing the same thing. At the beginning I found it somewhat difficult, I could do 45 minutes before deciding to stop and just 2 weeks later, I have doubled that.

Even lifting, I adapted to it so fast. The constant improvements are so encouraging and it is nice to see benefits a lifestyle change brings outside of the scale/measurements.

Only downside is I have to work extra hard now to get my heart rate up!! Oh and my resting heart rate used to be between 87-91 and now it is 54-58 :)

edit: how far my body has come or came? I dunno lol, my grammar is shittttttt

submitted by /u/nis567
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2SHEOQz

No comments:

Post a Comment