Wednesday, February 12, 2020

In 196 days, I have lost 73 lbs coming down from 400 lbs

https://imgur.com/a/neyCtEs

196 days ago, it feels as if I opened my eyes to how much I need to lose this weight. I feel like, for 196 days, I've been tunnel visioning on getting it the hell off of me. I've tried so many times before to lose weight, and all of those times have been met with self-induced failure. It was like a cycle of giving a shit and then slowly forgetting why I was doing the thing in the first place. It finally feels like I learned how to properly care about the process.

What I'm doing is pretty simple. I drink a lot of water. Every single morning, I roll out of my bed and drink water, something like 30oz. I never drink calories. I work out 6 days a week. I alternate days, so on Sundays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays, I focus on maxing out performance in weight lifting. On Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays, I do the same with cardio.

As far as diet, I don't do anything fancy. I meal prep a lot for my weeks (I'm a busy music student so I don't have a ton of time to cook). I'm of the mindset that there are a lot of things that aren't inherently bad for you as long as they're well-portioned. Something I've been taking to is cooking gluten-free (I've got a sensitivity) pasta dishes with a lot of veggies and lean meats, and I'll eat that once or twice a day. I'm also a fan of eggs, bacon, potatoes, sweet potatoes, salads, among other things. I'm not a nutrition expert, but the things that I'm doing are working for me. I just try to be very strict about not eating more than what I need to function.

This process can feel grueling sometimes if you're like me and you get upset with slow results or even no results. I was always the kind of kid who would pick things up and drop them when things weren't going absolutely perfectly, and the feeling is the same even for weight loss. However, through all of the mental strain I've gone through with plateaus and slow progress, I'm still kicking. Not once have a fallen off of the wagon, and that's because for once, I finally understand that this is my life and I need to make the most of it.

Our lives are so important, and short. I plan to continue cherishing mine from now until the day I stop breathing.

submitted by /u/Jarmaw
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2Sl7nV0

No comments:

Post a Comment