Saturday, February 1, 2020

Best friends reaction to my weight loss made me sad

I'm 19f and I've lost 15kg since september of last year. And I've went from a UK size 16 to a UK size 10.

I've struggled with my weight for a long time and last year I was at my heaviest, I was really unhappy. My best friend would motivate me to be healthier and lose weight. But i still continued my bad habits and put on more weight.

But around november of last year something changed in me and I decided to be consistent and do things differently this time. Instead of starving myself, I focused on making nutrious meals for myself that were healthy. I portion controlled. Cut out all junk food. And now thanks to that I'm 15kg and 3 clothing sizes down.

I hadn't seen my best friend in a while so I decided to send her a picture of my progress. I'm 5 ft 2 (158cm) as well, so 15kg makes a big difference on my frame. And I was expecting her to be proud that I finally made the change I would talk about. But i was really disappointed by her reaction.

She said "oh you looked good before. but i guess yeah.. you do look different now". I was so shocked? Like in my head thats not how I thought shed react at all. Now I'm realising that maybe its because she wanted me to lose weight but not be smaller than her. And I know that she's put on a bit of weight recently as well. But i still thought she'd be happy as shes my best friend and knows about my struggle with my weight.

But since then she's just been weird and distant towards me and I'm kinda sad about it. Has anyone else experienced something similar?

submitted by /u/diekdoe
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/37LyA8U

No comments:

Post a Comment