Saturday, February 1, 2020

A few NSV I've just noticed!

This is just a little post but I'm super proud of my progress thus far. I'm almost 60 pounds down and I definitely can feel it and see it. I have about 40 to 60 more to go depending on how much I finally settle on long term. I'm at least half way there now and that's a really big deal for me that just fell all at once with realization.

I was just casually sitting here for a little while after my IF, eating my egg whites, chilling out and felt my neck for a second without thinking. Next thing I know I'm literally touching my clavicles. I wind up taking a picture to see and sure enough, there's some hecking clavicles there! The last time I took a "selfie" or anything like that was over a month ago and noticed that I don't have a double chin anymore. Somehow. It's just gone. I'm feeling my face for the extra fat or skin and it's primarily bone with a little cushion. I never noticed how pronounced my jaw was or how large my upper chest is. I've always been fairly heavy since late high-school/early-college. I felt kind of like a dummy but noticed that I can also suck in my stomach and see the bottom of my ribcage -- like, there's clear definition happening there as we speak and that's wild to me. The other day I took notice in the fact that my stomach doesn't hang anymore when standing -- like, there's no fold. It's just there, plump, and slowly shrinking. I used to have this joke about how I could tell I wasn't laying straight in bed on my back because fat would droop to one side vs. the other side... I can't joke about that literally at all anymore. My stomach is completely flat while laying on my back and my ribcage, despite still having cushion, are just chilling there with my tum flat. This description is probably silly but it's something small that I notice that's kind of awesome. Haha.

Clothes-wise, I fit literally everything I wore ten years ago. It's to the point where I know I have to purchase clothes. I need a Goodwill trip and I'm super excited for when that happens.

I didn't take any progress pictures along the way but since I still have at least 40 to go I got the courage to take my first pictures so I can look back later. I didn't hate them. I'm able to look back now in like a year and see "oh wow, that's what I was like around 220 pounds." I was previously worried about extra skin but over time most of those worries have quelled -- so what if I wind up having a little bit of loose skin? It's part of me. I still have problem areas where I don't enjoy the cellulite, but I'm slowly coming to accept that I have it and it will reduce slightly over time. Even if it doesn't reduce I know that I'm on the right track health-wise and all of that is merely physical.

For some information:

I started losing weight a little over a year ago. I was 280 pounds. I use CICO, with occasional cheat days but always count calories even if I go over my deficit limit. I typically eat 1300 calories a day -- high protein, moderate fat and moderate carbohydrates. I never go over my BMR which is around 1750 right now. Egg whites are probably my favorite food I've discovered. When I started I had to limit certain foods -- like I couldn't purchase any chips, pizza or ice cream. After going a while without those things I reintroduced them to my diet and eat them in moderation, they're not triggering anymore. If I'm still hungry at the end of the day I'll whip up some more egg whites and call it a day. Maybe bake a potato to have on the side. Overall though, I don't do anything particularly special -- I give thanks to the concept of CICO entirely for weight loss.

I'm just really proud in this one moment and feel a lot of relief. I'm excited to see more progress and know that I'm going to reach my goal and maintain it!

submitted by /u/cosmicspiritwizard
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/31cz05G

No comments:

Post a Comment