Tuesday, February 11, 2020

Deficit too big?

Hi losers, looking for advice. 3.5 weeks into losing, it's going ok. Nearly 6kg/13lb down during that time. CICO, complicated by breastfeeding a 7mo baby - so I've been aiming for 1500cal (6300kj) per day. As any breastfeeding mum who's done this knows, it's very hard to know exactly how many cals/kj the milk production burns!

My milk supply has dropped a bit but not too drastic, and he's eating lots of solids and I have plenty of frozen milk in the freezer so he's not suffering or missing out on calories. In fact it's nice to see his thighs get fatter as mine get smaller 😂

Wondering what your thoughts are on what I should be eating. My TDEE is 1900 (not counting the breastfeeding), and my very steady 1.1kg/week loss means I'm running a daily deficit of 1300cal according to Libra. Meaning the 300cal I estimated to cover the breastmilk is nowhere near enough.

Bottom line - should I be eating more? Or if I'm coping OK with 1500cal and baby boy is fed and happy, keep going? Are there any significant risks to a large deficit aside from rapid weight loss?

Cheers 👍

submitted by /u/LuciferJezebel
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2SAgErl

No comments:

Post a Comment