Tuesday, February 11, 2020

Eating at a deficit and still gaining weight?

Hello! This sub has been super helpful for me throughout my weight loss journey! Unfortunately, I've hit a couple bumps in the road which is incredibly disheartening when I have only lost 10 pounds. I am 5'6 F and started at 175 pounds at the end of December. I managed to lose down to 164, but within the past week I have eaten at less of a deficit and gradually gone up to 166.8. I am generally good at tracking calories, and I usually like to over-track what I eat. On a typical day I eat between 800-1200 calories (OMAD with a couple snacks if need be) to try to lose between 1.5-2 pounds a week with a TDEE of about 1,850. This week was my boyfriend's birthday and a gala event and I ended up going about 2,300 calories over on the week (10,700 vs my 12,950-13,090 weekly maintenance). I know I would barely have lost any weight this week and made my peace with it, but my past 3 weigh ins have had me steadily increasing to 166.8. Is it possible to be actually gaining weight? Typically water weight will change easily, and the steady growth over the week makes me worry that it is actually fat. I have considered dropping my calories more or doing alternate day fasting to correct the issue.

I am even more surprised as I had had some bowel issues and taken a laxative to remedy them (as I thought it may have been the issue) and I have gained more weight. This is intensely frustrating. As someone who has struggled with an eating disorder my current issues are only making me worry that a healthy way to lose weight does not exist and is not effective for me. :(

submitted by /u/UnnecessaryBiscotti
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2ShttI7

No comments:

Post a Comment