Saturday, February 8, 2020

Didn't realise I had such fat fingers...

This weight loss journey started at a BMI of 35.5 in May 2019. Since then, I've lost 54lb and come down to a BMI of 27.0. It has been great - I'm wearing clothes that I haven't worn in years, I'm more functionally fit, I feel more confident in myself.

But I have also had some unexpected consequences - yesterday I lost my wedding ring! Turns out I have lost enough body fat that my fingers are now significantly slimmer!! To the point where my ring fell off in the supermarket without me even noticing it had gone.

After panicking, retracing my steps and asking at customer services, I luckily found it at the bottom of one of my shopping bags. It's now safely on a necklace chain until I can get it resized.

Amidst all my sense of panic, there was also an underlying sense of pride at how hard I have worked over the last nine months. It's hard to see the day-to-day or even week-by-week changes, so it felt somewhat rewarding to be reminded of how far I've come!

Warning to others - careful with important rings as you lose weight!!

submitted by /u/cinderella3011
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2tDWsfF

No comments:

Post a Comment