Wednesday, February 5, 2020

Gym for fun and fitness, CICO for weight loss

Hi all! I've always struggled with my weight, always loved to eat a lot, and drink many a beer. I got myself into gear after a big break-up and lost 20kg just recently! I love this sub for all the inspiration it gives! For the last year, I've been training in a Powerlifting/Strongman gym. They are both super fun and accepting sports! For this past 4 months, I've been working out with great intensity, twice a day, 4 days a week. I have a great, very experienced coach. I'm training to compete in heavyweight strongman competitions!

However, over the last 2 months, despite working out like a mad person 8 or more times a week, I have actually put on around 8 kg - most of it fat (hopefully a little muscle). I'm feeling strong as an ox however, and have it personal bests in everything.

I guess what I am saying is I am Living Proof that CICO is king for weightloss, the gym is great for cardiovascular health or for strength or training, but if your CICO is out of whack, you're going to gain weight!

Getting fit has millions of benefits, but you will not outrun your fork, so if you want to lose weight it is CICO all the way, with the gym and sport having their own wonderful yet (likely) seperate benefits

TLDR: 10+ hours of gym per week and still gained weight - it's CICO all the way

submitted by /u/napalm22
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3bivdIP

No comments:

Post a Comment