Sunday, February 2, 2020

Is anyone else discouraged after constantly seeing media about how weight loss fails?

So I gained a lot of weight in college. I was depressed, more sedentary than usual after no longer having high school sports for regular exercise, and I had a dining hall that offered the temptation of easy and tasty food, as much as I wanted, guaranteed 21 times weekly. I'm thankfully out of that rut, I'm in my dream grad school program, I exercise pretty regularly, and I've started losing weight and becoming more like the girl I was before college physically. I practice intermittent fasting and it's easy to fit that regimen in to my daily life, and I've been making a point to make home cooked meals instead of eating out.

However, I've been reading about weight loss, and... I'm constantly bombarded with statistics about how people almost always gain the weight back and more, I remember an article that cited that 0.8% of women classed at obese will ever reach a normal BMI class, and I just feel discouraged. Statistics are being bandied around and I'm scared that what I'm doing, I'm doing for nothing, and that I'll end up just as fat as I was before.

Do you guys feel this? If so, how do you deal with it?

submitted by /u/historymysterygal
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/395W88J

No comments:

Post a Comment