Sunday, February 2, 2020

Just wanted to share my little victory!

Hey guys! I’ve been on my weight loss journey since early November. The holidays were a real struggle for me since I compulsively eat if there’s food in front of me and between holiday parties, work potlucks & the holidays themselves, I found myself in a battle half the time. January was a little easier, and I’ve settled in a routine and lost 15 lbs so far!

My real victory was when my department had a potluck on Friday. I brought my lunch and didn’t eat the potluck food (I actually avoided it entirely so I wouldn’t be tempted) and after my lunch I was full but I did wander over to the potluck (nachos and quesadillas with alllll the toppings) and started to get a plate to get chips and some guacamole.. and possibly everything else. I stopped, considered that I already felt full and would feel even more full if I overate, and I put the plate down and went back to my desk. I told myself if I was actually hungry later I could have a tiny plate - turns out I was full all day and was even able to go get a beer after work since I hadn’t gone over my caloric goals and had eaten healthy all day! I’m super proud of myself and wanted to share with others who understand.

Keep at it guys, progress not perfection is my motto. :)

submitted by /u/drunkenavacado
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2uX0pfX

No comments:

Post a Comment