Saturday, February 8, 2020

It Feels So Good!

I started adding exercise in while eating healthy over many months. In 2016 I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism and it wasn’t regulated with medication until 2018. July 2019 I had my six month check up with my doctor, showed her my Fitbit activity and basically said “Halp Please”. She said her daughter was stuck at a plateau as well. I was 176 at that visit at the end of July. She wrote me adipex (please no one freak out I know that not everyone can safely take that medication) and referred me to a weight loss clinic my insurance covered where I was monitored every two weeks by both a nurse practitioner and a dietitian. Because I was being monitored while on the medication I used it correctly and safely. I started with walking outside. We went on vacation the week after my birthday which means we went the second week in August. The condo at the beach had a small gym and I discovered I would happily walk on the treadmill for hours as long as I had something good to read on my kindle. By the time the vacation was over I had lost eight lbs. When I got home, I started using my gym membership that comes with my job and started getting up at five am every morning to get on the treadmill, I also started to sporadically (at first) take yoga classes. When I hit another plateau in the low 160’s, I added in strength training and hit the 150’s fast. Today I’m 147 and only 7 lbs away from a healthy BMI. Moral of the story, you can do this if you set your mind to it. I’ve gone down five pant sizes since August and I feel amazing.

submitted by /u/MyHotBoxPanties
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2H83Inm

No comments:

Post a Comment